Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys or maxisys mini?
Maxisys or maxisys mini?

2377 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-28 13:35:52

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1
    2015-12-22 23:57:05
     Can the regular maxisys do things that the mini can't do? 

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-23 00:36:39 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

Yes, just cost you more in updates. Only kidding here and others can chime in if I'm incorrect pretty sure software and capabilities exactly the same. Only difference being larger screen and the ability to upgrade to the Pro software for more money but allows you to buy and use their J-box . Better avenue is to buy 908P which includes J-Box allowing some BMW and Benz programming as the j-box also acts as the bluetooth VCI for regular scanner functions also I think meaning you don't get both a Bluetooth VCI and a J-box.

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1
    2015-12-23 00:41:42 (Reply to:tech54)
     well since the j2534 adapter by autel is very limited in function I would be better off just getting the maxisys mini and a drewtech j2534 adapter since the drewtech adapter can do a lot more. 

I just want to be certain that the maxisys mini can do everything else the regular maxisys can do since there is a 1k dollar price difference between the two and i dont mind the smaller size. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-23 01:57:55 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

I have seen videos where the Full size Maxi Sys is pretty robust surviving a 6 foot drop , but not sure the smaller Mini is just as capable of handling that sort of drop. Also the full size Maxi sys has a HDMI cable port to view the screen off a big screen TV or projector. Not sure if the Mini can do the same Via USB ports though.I definitely would not get the Pro unless I regularly do  enough BMW and Mercedes Benz reprogramming to justify the extra cost of updating a Pro, but maybe buy  the Maxi "Flash" Pro and just use the J box VCI  it off a laptop and never pair it to the tablet. I have read about BMW Chinese server supplied programming turning  European modules into Japanese spec ones, and IMHO it's too expensive a proposition to risk a failure, especially if the software interface to transfer the files has been evolving to Autel's own architecture.

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1
    2015-12-23 02:32:10 (Reply to:witsend)
     I don't care about the hdmi port, and i dont plan on dropping it. It just need to have all the capabilites as the full size maxisys minus the programming. I believe that's probably best suited for a laptop and a drewtech.. 

Will the scope attach to the mini? Is the scope any good?

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mdtaylor

2015-12-23 02:59:03

I have the mini and it worked great for the 2 weeks it worked. I'm working on trying to get it fixed now. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-23 07:50:44 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

I watched a You tube video a guy posted a video of a problem with his MP408 causing his one year old  MS908 to shut off like the power and ground requirements of the MP408 exceeded what the MS908 could handle.Not sure if you can supply an external battery power and ground for the MS408 other than through the USB cable from a PC or  MaxiSys USB port.

From what I read,The scope works fine  but  it needs software development. One of the things I read was all 4 Channels  just display dead nuts  in the center of the screen transposed off the same zero line over one another cannot be  divided  in 4 separate sections of the screen like scanner pid graphing  is separated.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-12-28 13:35:52 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

the only difference is the flashing on a maxysis...but the mini does everything else...as far as toughness,the mini does not have the same casing as the pro....it has just a rubber case that envelopes the unit and if dropped you will be done...I have it and have used it almost two years now..I use my OEM equipment to flash and program ..I heard of someone trying to download software for a merc s550 with the Maxysis pro and the server lost connection with the unit and ruined the pcm....OUCH! so again , I recommend the mini over the pro 
  Total1 Pages